Call for Projects: Sustainable Layout Workshop
In collaboration with not-for-profit organisation 3D Asbl and within the context of the European Green Europe Experience (GEX) project, Dour Festival is proud to announce the launch of its 1st SUSTAINABLE LAYOUT WORKSHOP, where you will be able to put forward an artistic installation for the festival site.
How do I take part?
3D Asbl is launching a Call for Projects that is open to everyone (artist collectives, companies, schools, cultural associations or freelancers, including amateurs and experienced professionals).
You are invited to submit your applications between 9 March and 10 April 2020.
– Applications must be submitted via an online form
– Authors must be in a position to be able to implement the project
– The work must be carried out in accordance with safety requirements for receiving members of the public that can be checked and which comply with current Belgian legislation
– The concept must be designed so that it can be assembled and taken down for several festivals
– The applicant must take care of assembling and taking down elements of the project and preparing them for storage
– The assembly time must be included in the workshop period (in other words from 29 June to 14 July 2020 inclusive) and the time needed to take down the project will not exceed 3 days
> use of recovered/environmentally sustainable material provided by the organisation on the basis of the specifications received.
> the concept must be feasible for outdoor use and take weather conditions into account.
> must include the added bonus of some “comfort” for festival-goers by providing areas for socialising, sharing, resting, a meeting venue, a shaded area etc… let your imagination run wild!
Supervision and support
3D Asbl will provide:
– Funding for the project
– Support for each stage of the project during the workshop
– Access to the creative workshop on the festival site
– Special communication around the event
– Promotion of the creative concept among the festival’s networks
The application must include the following
– Presentation of the organisation / person (CV, Book etc.)/ collective etc. submitting the application
+ Composition of the team if more than one person is involved in the project
– Statement of intent – Presentation of the concept and its history
– A detailed technical datasheet for the project
– A full list of the equipment and tools needed to implement the concept
– A visual representation of the concept (photos, plans, artist’s impression etc.)
Choosing the projects
After the deadline for the Call for Projects on 10 April 2020, the applications will be studied by a panel of professionals.
The chosen projects will be announced on 20 April 2020.
The panel will select the projects for the Workshop, which will take place between 29 June and 14 July 2020 inclusive, depending on the estimated times for putting each project together.
Dates for your diary
from 9 March to 10 April 2020: submissions for the call for projects
from 11 April to 19 April 2020: panel assesses the applications
20 April 2020: panel’s deliberations and announcement of the chosen projects
from 29 June to 14 July 2020: sustainable layout workshop