Data protection policy
Last updated: November 2023
As a festival organizer. These activities require us to process the personal data of festival-goers and of our partners. We would like to thank you for the trust you place in us, and would like to assure you that we are committed to protecting personal data and privacy.
This declaration informs you, in a transparent manner, about the data we collect, the purpose for which we collect it, how we use it and the rights you have with regard to the processing of this data.
- The data controller
Dour Music Festival SA, whose registered office is at Rue de la Corderie, 19 | 7370 | DOUR, is responsible for processing your personal data (the data controller).
Dour Music Festival SA has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) whose contact details are as follows:
DPO – Dour Music Festival SA
Rue de la Corderie, 19 | 7370 | DOUR
If you have any questions or if you would like to exercise your rights in relation to the collection, use, storage, protection, modification, transmission or deletion of your personal data (see point 4), you can contact our DPO by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at our registered office address. Your request must be dated, signed and accompanied by a copy of both sides of your identity card.
- The data processed
- Data supplied by you
We collect your personal data directly in the following cases (this is a non-exhaustive list):
- To process your order (for festival tickets, shuttle buses or specific accommodation);
- To obtain payment;
- To provide customer support for you;
- To send you information about the festival;
- To set up your cashless account
- When you contact us through the various communication channels available to you;
- To send you your tickets and prevent fraud
2.2 Data supplied by third parties
We collect your data from third parties who have given it to us in specific situations.
This is particularly the case for:
- competitions for which we need to grant you access or where your places are reserved by a third party (competitions through the media, partner brands, etc.);
- teambuilding events or client invitations (VIP or otherwise) organized directly by third-party companies;
- booking return transport to the festival, by providing the transport company with the information it needs to organize the shuttle buses;
- booking accommodation. In this case, we pass on certain information to the accommodation providers (hotels, gîtes, chalet managers etc.) so that the accommodation can be properly organized.
2.3 Data obtained automatically
- Processing personal data
Within the context of what we do, the processing of your data depends on the circumstances:
3.1 When you visit our website
3.2 When you contact us as a festival-goer:
We process your personal data when you order your entry tickets.
To this end, we process data such as your name, address, email address, telephone number and any information required for payment.
This data is processed by virtue of the existing pre-contractual relationship between the parties.
3.3 When you buy tickets for shuttle buses or for specific accommodation, we process data such as your name, address, email address, telephone number and any information required for payment, and we pass it on to the organizations concerned so that they can contact you again to provide you with the details (meeting point, equipment available in the accommodation, check-in/out information etc.)
3.4 When you subscribe to our newsletter, we collect your email address and, in some cases, your first and last names.
This newsletter is designed to keep you up to date with all the latest news about the festival.
This data is collected with your consent.
3.5 When Dour Festival wishes to improve the festival or to offer you other related products and services:
– Other organized events that may be of interest to you;
– Festival satisfaction survey;
– Other requests for feedback about the launch of new products.
In this case, Dour Festival may use personal data relating to your first and last name, your email address and your age and region of residence.
Lastly, in order to comply with certain legal, regulatory and administrative obligations, in certain situations Dour Festival needs to process the personal data of its festival-goers or third parties. This includes data such as identifying details, contact details, personal details and financial details.
- Your rights and how to exercise them
4.1 Right of access: You have the right to access and consult any of your personal data that is in our possession at any time, as well as the right to find out how it is processed.
4.2 Right to rectification: You have the right to ask us to correct your data if you notice that it is incorrect or incomplete.
4.3 Right to erasure: In certain specific cases, you may ask for your personal data to be deleted, in particular if:
4.3.1 Your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which Dour Festival collected it;
4.3.2 The processing of your personal data is based solely on your consent, and you decide to withdraw that consent;
4.3.3 You have objected to the processing of your personal data and Dour Festival has no legitimate reasons that override your own.
However, this right to erasure is not absolute, particularly when the laws and regulations in force require data to be kept for a specific period of time.
4.4 Right to restriction of processing: In certain circumstances, you may ask for the processing of your personal data to be restricted, in particular if:
– You dispute the accuracy of your personal data. Data processing is then limited during the verification stage until the data in question is corrected;
– You feel that the processing of your data is illegal;
– The data processing is no longer necessary for Dour Festival but you need it in order to establish or exercise your legal rights.
4.5 Right to data portability: You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to ask us to transfer this data to another data controller.
4.6 Right to object: Unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for processing your data which override your interests, rights and freedoms, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data.
You may object to the use of your data for marketing purposes at any time.
4.7 Automated individual decision-making: You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on the automated processing of your personal data that is transmitted or stored, including profiling. When it comes to automated processing, which is currently very limited at Dour Festival, including in particular for acceptance, pricing and determining guarantees, the segmentation criteria are applied and communicated. If you do not agree with a partially automated process, you can ask a member of staff to get involved, share your views with them and challenge an automated result.
Any request relating to exercising your rights should be addressed to the DPO.
By email: Privacy@dourfestival.eu
DPO – Dour Music Festival SA
Rue de la Corderie, 19 | 7370 | DOUR
Your request must be dated, signed and accompanied by a copy of both sides of your identity card.
- 4.8 Right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority: In all cases, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Autorité de Protection des Données (Belgian data protection authority, APD).
By email: email@example.com
Autorité de Protection des Données
Rue de la presse, 35
Tel.: +32 (0)2 274 48 00
Sharing your personal data
At Dour Festival, your data will only be shared with employees to the extent that they need it to carry out the tasks entrusted to them.
In order to carry out our tasks for the purposes described and insofar as this is justified, we share personal data with partner companies and service providers, such as:
– organisers of accommodation reserved for festival-goers;
– campsite accommodation companies (tipis, huts etc.);
– transport companies (for the shuttle busses reserved for festival-goers);
– software for sending newsletters
To protect and safeguard your data or manage our IT infrastructure, we may share your personal data with specialist companies.
Third parties will have access to personal data only to the extent necessary to perform their respective tasks. In addition, these parties (with the exception of the supervisory authorities) are contractually obliged to process your personal data securely and confidentially and in the same way that we do.
- Sending personal data to a third country
Dour Festival may also authorize the processing of personal data outside the European Union. Dour Festival will only send your personal data to a third country if that country guarantees a level of protection equivalent to that which you would find in your country of residence, including in particular if there is an adequacy decision in place or through the use of standard contractual clauses.
- Storing your personal data
Dour Festival stores your personal data only until you object to its retention or ask for it to be deleted, or for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it is collected and as long as required by law.
Please note that we make changes to this policy from time to time, for example to comply with new legal requirements. We encourage you to consult this statement regularly so that you are kept informed of how we use your personal data.
Beleid inzake de bescherming van persoonsgegevens NL