For the second year in a row, the Green Agora is finding its place at Dour Festival.
This area, dedicated to the 3 axes of sustainable development (social, environmental and economic), aims to raise awareness among the festival goers in a fun and hands-on way.
The Green Agora was created by the non-profit association 3D, Dour Festival’s partner for sustainable development, within the framework of the project DEMO. The area, 100% powered by solar energy, is located on the festival grounds and offers free activities every day from 16h00 to 21h00.
Discover, learn, share and taste. The Green Agora is a place to:
– Taste local products & alternative food (insects) with Pappila
– Learn permaculture through workshops and games with the vegetable garden of Folies Maraichères
– Prepare and cook your vegetables straight from your garden with “l’air du temps”
– Create body care products
– Discover the region and register for bike rides on Friday & Saturday from 10h30 to 14h30 with Visit’Hainaut
– Have an introduction to silkscreen printing and body painting with “Taller de Susana”
– Repair clothes and create bags to go shopping with 0 waste
– Create “Bee’s Wrap” and zero waste household products with Zero Waste Belgium
The Green Agora is a place to exchange your thoughts on topics like:
– Women’s involvement in social movements and the fight against sexism: Campagne ROSA
– Protect yourself & your skin from endocrine disrupters: Génération Cobaye
– Understanding each other’s differences and learning how to live with respect for others: AVIQ
– Learning and raising awareness about the equality of wealth in the world: Oxfam
– Raising awareness on different types of agriculture and exploring how to consume responsibly: Nature et progrès
And we should not forget the daily discovery of a local beer, presented by its producer between 18:00 and 20:00.
Hop over between two concerts and take a few minutes for beautiful discoveries!